When you've been in the styling world long enough, you know that there's a lot of products out there that are underrated, or simply just unknown. We still manage to come across wardrobing items that we never knew existed! As a stylist there is nothing more exhilarating than finding that perfect tool that makes your job just a little (or a lot!) easier because let's face it....time is ALWAYS precious on event day!
The makeup face shield by Clean Try On is one of those workhorses that we simply cannot exist without. It is simple, effective, weighs next to nothing, and even though it is sold as a single use item, we use our personal ones over and over (don't tell!). It is one of the cornerstone items of The Bride Kit - not because it is glamorous or flashy, but because the one-two punch of effectiveness and usability makes it invaluable for any bride (or her girls) at any event where there is makeup, hairspray, and fine fabrics.
Here are our favorite ways to use Clean Try On for any wedding related event!
1. Clean try on masks are meant to cover your face so makeup doesn't transfer when you're pulling something on overhead...so the proper way to wear it is over your face with the elastic sitting on the edge of your hairline.
2. We highly recommend WAITING to apply any lipstick or lipgloss until after you've used it so you can pass it to a bridesmaid or bestie if needed in the getting-ready room. You can even tuck it back into one of The Bride Kit linen bags and reuse it in your closet for daily dressing (or even bring with you into dressing rooms)! Most makeup won't adhere to it, but beware of glosses, (they likely will) so if you plan to reuse it, steer clear from lipgloss.
3. If you're hair spraying your hair for those final touches, you can also put it on to shield your face from spray!
4. It's unlikely you'll choose something to wear on your wedding day that goes over your head, so be sure to have it close by for your events leading up to your wedding day. Bring it along for your bridesmaids on your big day just in case someone needs it.
5. If you have a dress that has a high neckline, you can also re-purpose this and use it to tuck into the top of your neckline during any last minute touch-ups so you avoid getting foundation on the top of the dress.
The moral of the story? We're here to protect you and all your hard work to have makeup-free moments leading up to, and on the day of your wedding. It's our mission, our passion, and our purpose to provide you with the tools, so you feel prepared for anything that may come your way.